Jessi Roberts is the Founder, President and Boss Lady at Cheekys Brand and author of the new book Backroads Boss Lady. She founded Cheekys in 2011 with her life savings of $7,000 – and, today, the company employs 30 people in rural New Plymouth, Idaho (population 1538), with revenues exceeding $20 million dollars!
Cheekys made the 2018 Inc. 500 list for rapid growth, and the company reaches about 2 million people a week through its innovative social media marketing. Today, Jessi teaches us how to effectively market a small business, why your “hustle” isn’t working, and the journey to publishing her hybrid memoir/business book.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- [4:45] Transitioning from drop shipping to creating your own product
- [9:00] Why Jessi moved from brick and mortar into ecommerce (& why she’s planning to bring back a brick and mortar location)
- [15:00] Going out into the world and marketing yourself
- [18:30] Why even internet businesses should be selling in the real world
- [27:00] Jessi’s book
- [32:30] ONE thing that Jessi does every day that has completely transformed her business
- Get 15% off using code “NOBS” at https://cheekysboutique.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheekysbrand/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheekyschicks/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessi-roberts-446889174/
- Read: Backroads Boss Lady: Happiness Ain't a Side Hustle--Straight Talk on Creating the Life You Deserve