John Locke is an SEO consultant who has recently launched a YouTube channel, allowing his business to grow in really exciting ways. He has been learning about SEO online since 2012, and doing online marketing and web design full time for the past two and a half years, mostly helping manufacturing, industrial, or other blue collar companies get traffic with SEO.
While he used to get all of his leads from blog content, over the last few months, when he started posting daily YouTube videos, he’s found customers discovering him directly through YouTube. In this episode, we talk about how creating content on YouTube can boost traffic to your website and help you find people who will resonate with your brand.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- [3:10] What led John to YouTube
- [4:30] The thought process behind making daily videos
- [5:45] Is it worth editing your videos?
- [8:10] How YouTube marketing can impact business
- [15:45] How store owners can create content around their business
- [20:30] Hashtag strategies for YouTube
- [25:40] Performing an SEO audit
- Learn more at https://www.lockedownseo.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Lockedown_
- Start a Simplr free trial: simplr.ai/honest
If you’re enjoying the show, we also ask that you please click here to leave Honest eCommerce a review on Apple Podcasts today. It really does make a huge impact and we love reading every one!