Tommy Stalknecht, the founder of Single Music, helps musicians distribute their music through Shopify. He went to a recording industry college in Nashville, Tennessee before getting a job working a music agency. One of the divisions for that agency was an ecommerce and fulfillment division. He was surprised that Shopify was so big, and yet there didn’t seem to be a solution to make it compatible with the music industry, so he set out to make it.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- [2:36] The music industry’s technology being stuck in the past
- [3:05] What SoundScan reporting is
- [6:38] Musicians presenting themselves as a brand
- [9:13] What artists run through Single Music
- [11:03] Direct to consumer trends in the music industry
- [16:16] Translating music trends to direct to consumer ecommerce
- Learn more at singlemusic.com
- Instagram: instagram.com/singlemusic.co
- Twitter: twitter.com/singlemusic_co
If you’re enjoying the show, we also ask that you please click here to leave Honest eCommerce a review on Apple Podcasts today. It really does make a huge impact and we love reading every one!