On today’s episode, we meet Jordan Gal, CEO of CartHook. Up until CartHook, Jordan came from an immigrant entrepreneur household, and when you grow up around that it’s hard to get away from it. He’s started several different businesses, and eventually landed on his own ecommerce site. He sold the business off, and then got into the software game, but he wanted to stay in the ecommerce world. He looked at the apps they were using and took one, a cart abandon apps, and realized this app was awful but still made him thousands of dollars a month, maybe there would be a business in making a better version of that app?
Two years into marketing this cart abandon project, he realized he’s just been staring at different checkout pages all day. Eventually it dawns on him, wouldn’t it be more valuable if instead of capturing lost sales, they just developed a better checkout page that had fewer abandoned carts to begin with? That was the genesis of his product, a better converting checkout page.
Today, you’ll learn about what CartHook can do for your ecommerce site, as well as where Jordan thinks the future of ecommerce is headed.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- [3:14] Do you have a technical background, or were you just creatively thinking about solutions?
- [8:44] Where did you get the name for the app, and what was the process of building it up?
- [14:12] What does your product solve for an ecommerce site on Shopify?
- [16:36] Where is this app available?
- [17:02] What is a use-case example when your software will work better than what I have?
- [26:28] What is the implementation process like?
- [29:55] Are there any integrations that are built in?
- [31:35] Where do you think things are going with ecommerce in 2019 and beyond?
- Learn more at https://carthook.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carthook
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/carthook
- Start a Simplr free trial: simplr.ai/honest
If you’re enjoying the show, we also ask that you please click here to leave Honest eCommerce a review on Apple Podcasts today. It really does make a huge impact and we love reading every one!