The story of Edward’s company and product, Road ID, started in 1999 while Edward was in college. While training for a marathon, he made a call home to his dad and told him what he was doing, and his father was concerned about what would happen if there was an accident. How would anyone find him, how would he be informed?
Training one day on a rural road in Kentucky, just one week after that call, he sees a truck going down the road at 55 miles per hour right at him. Thinking it will move over once it sees him, he starts to realize, it’s not slowing down! To avoid being hit, he jumps off the road and into a ditch.
Edward had two realizations that day: One, he could have been hit by that truck, and nobody would have known who he was, who to contact, or access any medical information. The second, and more frightening, was that he might have to admit his father was right.
His story is fascinating, and so is his journey through eCommerce, from a custom platform to finally settling with Shopify Plus, and everything that came along with that. Find out why Edward believes Shopify Plus is saving his company a million dollars or more a year.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- [2:32] The story of Road ID
- [13:15] Experimenting with different eCommerce platforms
- [15:30] Pivoting away from a custom platform
- [19:00] The benefits of working with Shopify Plus
- [23:35] Being a customer-obsessed company
- [27:12] Using your analytics to your advantage
- [33:55] Running a referral program
- [36:00] Taking advantage of SMS marketing
- [40:00] Loving what you’re selling
- Learn more at RoadID.com
- Start a Simplr free trial: simplr.ai/honest
- Are you a maker, crafter, or small manufacturer on Shopify? Get easier production scheduling & inventory management with Katana. You can try it free for 14 days. By using the promo code “HONEST” you'll get 30% off your first 3 months of paid subscription! Sign up at Katana’s website here: www.katanamrp.com.