Phoebe Yu is the founder and CEO of Ettitude, a sustainable bedding brand that’s helping customers get a better night’s sleep.
Phoebe has a background in home textiles for over 15 years, but when she moved to Australia she was re-educated on sustainability and climate change, and she started to realize the old products she was sourcing were not sustainable. She decided to start her own brand where all of the products are healthy, highly functional, and also sustainable.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- [1:40] What led to Phoebe starting her brand
- [3:53] Developing a unique product
- [4:50] What it’s like launching a new brand
- [6:02] The ecommerce platforms available
- [7:41] Running a business in two different markets
- [11:34] The benefits of direct-to-consumer and ecommerce
- [12:43] Hurdles to overcome in direct-to-consumer at each stage
- [15:40] Bamboo sheets
- [16:29] Using sustainable technologies creatively
- Learn more at: https://www.ettitude.com
- Use coupon code “electriceye” for 15% off your order!
- Start a Simplr free trial: simplr.ai/honest
If you’re enjoying the show, we also ask that you please click here to leave Honest eCommerce a review on Apple Podcasts today. It really does make a huge impact and we love reading every one!