Mike Potter is the backup guy. He’s the co-founder and CEO of Rewind, the automatic backup for Shopify stores. He has founded a number of companies and was an active merchant in the early days of e-commerce, selling curling gloves from his garage.
On this podcast, we talk about Mike’s awesome and interesting journey with Rewind, his thoughts on customer feedback, and how to approach mistakes as a business.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- [1:30] Mike’s journey with Rewind
- [3:13] Shopify’s backup limitations
- [5:12] Mike’s journey with Rewind continuation
- [7:13] Why Rewind chose Shopify
- [8:40] Mike’s transition from wanting to work with Shopify to doing his own thing
- [10:26] Mike was an e-commerce store owner before!
- [12:00] Relating to your customers’ pain points
- [12:22] Getting inspired by the stories of others
- [14:11] Rewind’s biggest win
- [15:14] The best way to know what to do to your business
- [15:47] The birth of Replay, Rewind’s other app
- [17:55] Sponsor: https://www.simplr.ai/honest
- [18:47] Rewind’s biggest mistake
- [20:03] “As long as you’re learning something, mistakes aren’t bad” - Mike
- [21:39] “Mistakes shouldn’t bog down entrepreneurs” - Chase
- [22:36] Chase’s mountain driving story - Overcoming obstacles
- [23:07] FedEx’s Story - Perseverance
- [24:36] Rewind’s Free Ebook to prepare for Black Friday/Cyber Monday - https://rewind.io/bfcm-2019
- [25:23] Rewind’s free backup promo - https://rewind.io/free
- [27:23] Mike’s last remarks
- Rewind’s website: rewind.io
- Rewind’s Shopify App page: apps.shopify.com/backup
- Mike Potter’s bio: rewind.io/blog/meet-team-mike-potter-ceo-co-founder/
If you’re enjoying the show, we’d love it if you left Honest eCommerce a review on Apple Podcasts. It makes a huge impact on the success of the podcast, and we love reading everyone!