3 Ways to Pick a Striking Online Identity For Your Shopify Store
With retail moving online, building an online store for your retail business is the logical next step. However, many entrepreneurs think of setting up an online store as an arduous task, riddled with challenges and complications. While this was true a few years ago, today store builders such as Shopify make setting up an eCommerce website effortless. The first step towards setting up a smart Shopify store for your online business is to pick a nifty domain name for it.
Your domain name is the first touchpoint for your customers to get a feel of what they can expect when they land on your website. Marketing experts suggest that owning the right website address is one of the most valuable assets a brand can own-and they’re not wrong. A long awkward and complicated web address might deter people from typing in your website address into their browsers. Not just that, people might also question the credibility of your business.
However, finding a short and relevant name of your choice on conventional domain extensions such as .com or .net might not be possible due to a lack of availability. Did you know that 65% of all domain name searches fail? This is why you might consider exploring new domain extensions such as .store, .tech, and .site to denote your store on the web.
Qualities of a good domain name
FInding a domain name that fits perfectly with your brand ideas and marketing plans can be a challenge. In order to find a brandable domain name for your eCommerce business, it is imperative to first understand what makes for a perfect domain name. A good domain name is:
- Innovative, unique, and clearly highlights what your business is about and your niche market.
- Rich in keywords without being awkward or long. It ought to be in line with popular search queries related to your niche.
- Short, crisp, and memorable.
Benefits of choosing a new domain extension:
- Easy to acquire: New domain extensions are relatively fresh and there’s a high probability that the name of your choice is available on them.
- Easy to understand: Using definitive new domain extensions such as .store or .tech as a suffix is a smart way of implying that you sell online or are a tech business.
- Easy to remember: Because new domain extensions clearly imply what your business is about and because they’re innovative, they are more memorable and therefore easier to remember.
How to brand your Shopify store
With all the effort you will be investing in creating a slick online store, you should pick a domain name that does justice to it. So, how do you do that? We’ve listed three essential parameters to keep in mind when selecting a name for your online store: